Save-a-Pet contact details
Name: Gillian Coetzee
Address: Portion 13 of Farm 8 Kuyga, Gqeberha, South Africa
Phone Number: 041 372 1780
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Your particulars – name and surname, email address, phone numbers, physical and postal address.
• Household information – number and age of family members, premises descriptions.
• ID/Passport details
• Photos and videos
• Financial information – bank statements
How we collect the personal information and why we have it:
• Our website www.saveapet.co.za
• Direct emails
• Hard copy forms
• Telephone and mobile communication e.g. Whatsapp
• Through social media platforms e.g. Instagram, Facebook
We may also receive/collect your information from intermediaries that may have referred you to us.
A parent and/or a legal guardian will be required to give written consent to the use and processing of personal data should the data subject be a minor.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• Adopting a Pet and follow up
• Surrendering or admission of a pet or stray animal
• Membership and sponsorship
• Event and fundraising registration and communications
• Volunteer indemnity
• Applications for veterinary assistance
• Mailing list sign-up
• Donation communication and acknowledgement
• Charity shop sales
We use the information that you have given us to:
• Communicate relevant to why your information has been provided
• Notify you of new campaigns and developments that may be of interest to you
• Direct marketing and/or bulk general emails e.g. newsletters
• Confirm, verify and update your particulars
• Analyse data in order to help us improve our website, social media and overall experience that our Non-Profit Organisation provides
We may share your data with:
• Veterinarians with whom we have accounts for the purpose of booking appointments for adopted pets and assisted veterinary care.
• Other rescue organisations for the purpose of property inspections.
Considering the Protection of Personal Information Act, the lawful basis we rely on for processing personal information are:
1) The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing;
2) The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
3) The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
4) The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
5) The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business; or
6) The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interest of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Our Company’s IT Infrastructure as well as storage of physical records meets all acceptable security standards required to be POPI compliant.
We will not keep your data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your data will remain protected for as long as we hold it. Should we no longer require your information, it will be destroyed in a way that de-identifies you.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information:
Gillian Coetzee (Chairperson)
Deputy Information Officer:
Leigh Done (Manager)
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
Name: Pansy Tlakula
Based at JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001.